Psst. Hey you.
No not them, YOU.
How would you like a chance to work alongside others from across the breadth of the #BritballNation in increasing access to and awareness of the game we all know and love?
There’s been quite a few changes behind the scenes here at DC Towers, and we’re now in a position where we’re looking to open our doors and invite some of you in!
Double Coverage has BIG plans to expand and enhance our coverage of the British game throughout this BUCS American Football season and to do so we’re looking to increase our ability to work with the programmes from across all tiers and regions of the University and Womens’ game (and don’t worry Seniors/Youth/Juniors, we’re gonna have everything in place ready for you guys come #Britball17!).
To do so however, we’re going to need more than our heavily depleted stock of elves.
We’re going to need passionate and committed #Britballers who are interested in creating content and sharing it with the largest British American Football audience on the internet.
As such, throughout this Autumn/Winter we are going to be opening up for applications to a range of roles – initially focusing upon the University and Women’s games, before preparing our coverage of the Senior/Junior/Youth and International aspects of the sport in the new year.
For details about the currently recruiting roles and how to apply, please see below:
DC are currently looking to recruit a number of Conference Correspondents.
This role will entail taking responsibility for a coverage of a single conference within the BUCS American Football structure.
Those appointed will be expected to establish regular contact with the programmes within their assigned conference and gain a good knowledge of each programme’s history, performance, and current roster.
Content production responsibilities will include:
- Weekly predictions for all fixtures within their assigned conference
- News articles relating to programmes within assigned conference
It will be expected that those appointed to a Conference Correspondent position will fulfil these minimum obligations on a consistent basis and those who feel they are unlikely to have the free time to do so may not wish to apply.
Conference Correspondents will also be encouraged to show initiative in working with their programmes to produce content that shows off the quality of both the teams and players in their conference, with their own conference-specific section of the website they can take the lead on and shape to reflect their corner of the #BritballNation.
- It is highly preferred that applicants should have a good knowledge, and great passion for British American Football.
- Particularly strong knowledge of a specific conference or region would be highly valued, however we should note that these are public roles, your articles and game predictions will include author information and so applicants may want to consider this when applying for a conference within which they themselves have an active role and consider whether this might represent a conflict of interest.
- Experience with writing for the web and copy writing are preferred, but not essential. DC will work with new writers to bring them in line with new style and tone guidelines.
- These positions would particularly suit those with aspirations of a future career in journalism or broadcasting, particularly in the areas of sports and internet journalism. Your work will be presented to an audience of thousands of readers/viewers and via Double Coverage you will have access to opportunities to gain great career-relevant experience.
- Awareness of social media and an understanding of internet analytics would be preferred. A Facebook account is essential.
Please note that at present these positions are not financially reimbursed. DC is currently an entirely voluntary organisation and we are only now beginning down the path to truly engage with growing the game and broaching the gap between the #BritballNation and the wider UK sporting audience.
While our goal is to grow to the point where we can offer financial support to our contributors, at present compensation for time invested working with Double Coverage will come through the knowledge that you are helping grow the game within the UK. And if that alone doesn’t float your boat we will also be working to provide our contributors with opportunities, rewards, benefits and discounts exclusive to those who are part of #TeamDC.
In the past few weeks we have established great links with the Jacksonville Jaguars, worked with BAFA to cover their International Weekend featuring six National Football Programmes, sent team members to NFL International Series team training sessions and press conferences, chatted about the state of the game with multiple Super Bowl winners, attended exclusive Industry press events – and we envisage this being just the beginning!
How to apply:
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Preferred method of contact (email/Facebook/Telephone #, please supply)
- Existing/previous/future affiliations with any British American Football Programmes
- Please supply a brief summary of any previous experience you feel is relevant to the role
- Please briefly note any technical skills you feel would be of benefit to DC – e.g. experience with image or video editing, web design, etc.
- A couple of sentences on what you think you can bring to DC, but also what you believe DC can do for you, your career- or Britball-related aspirations.
- Please also note in your application which conference(s) you would prefer to be assigned to. Please ensure you list more than one as demand for certain conferences is likely to be high so not all applicants can be guaranteed their preferred option, even if appointed.
There are currently Conference Correspondent roles vacant for:
1A North West,
1A South, 1A South West, 2A Borders, 2A North, 2A Midlands, 2A South, 2A South West, 2A South East
Please submit these four sections of information in an application to email@example.com
If you have any queries or questions about the roles, or other potential opportunities to get involved, please feel free to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org, via our Facebook page, or with Dee Cee on Facebook.
***Deadline for applications for a Conference Correspondent role is 23:59, Sunday 30 October 2016. However, please note that stand out applicants may well be appointed immediately so do not wait until the last minute to submit your application***