BAFA Registration duet-extraordinaire, Amanda McDonald and Faye Eastwood have shared some helpful advise as to the suitable forms of ID you might want to make use of during your registration for Britball in 2017, as well as some guidelines on what to avoid, based on submissions received so far.
Some of which were… colourful interpretations of the image requirements…
It may seem a laughing matter (and actually, some of the submissions were hilarious) but as the league is also responsible for providing insurance for you, your team mates and coaches while you play a really rather violent sport, perhaps it’s worth appreciating that there’s more to league registration information than many appear to give it credit for…
To register for National Leagues membership, users are required to upload two forms of identification as part of the process – one form of photo ID and another form confirming their address.
The BAFA registrations team have rejected nearly 100 items of ID so far this year due to their poor quality. Failure to load up correct ID could result in membership being rejected by BAFA.
Some of the ID examples encountered and rejected so far include:
- A photo of Marshawn ‘Beast mode’ Lynch
- A page from a college assignment about designing coffee tables
- An entire defensive playbook
- Photos of closed passports
- A photo of the Grand Canyon
- A video file of someone holding their driving license
- Many photos of faces or teams photos
- A photo of some laminate flooring
- A word document with text from a parent giving their word that their child exists
- .html links to Facebook pages
- Items of ID where people have redacted everything – including their address and photograph
- Blurry photos of ID
Please think before you post ID to your profile! Everyone has had to re-upload their ID for 2017 membership due to the poor quality of data previously held on the system. The registrations team are now manually approving all ID this year to make sure that the quality held is of an appropriate standard.
In future years only new members or those with expired ID will be required to upload ID to register.
The types of ID that are suitable are clearly outlined in the guides to registration on the BAFA website. Please check this before uploading ID.
Users do not have to wait for ID to be approved to complete their membership. The registrations team will contact any players by email whose ID has been rejected, and reserve the right to suspend membership if this is not corrected within the requested timeframe.
- We appreciate under 18s may not have their own ID, so a birth certificate and proof of address in the name of a parent is acceptable (this must be updated once over 18)
- Users with a current driving license may upload this twice – as it captures both address and photo ID.