Earlier this month DC were informed the Carlisle Sentinels had parted ways with former Head Coach, Chris Bond.
There appeared to be some controversy surrounding the move, with a small number of current and former Sentinels getting in touch with DC to let us know that the decision had not necessarily been mutual, and the Sentinels committee may have behaved in some way inappropriately.
In speaking with DC, the Sentinels’ committee shared the following statement:
On Wednesday 14th December, the committee asked Chris Bond to step down from his role as Head Coach. We would like to thank him for the hard work he has put in over the last three years.
We would also like to take this opportunity to refute any reports of inappropriate actions by the committee. We absolutely deny that there was a organised plan to remove the Head Coach. There was not a personal attack and ultimately the decision came down to the performances and results and the committee believe that the best way forward for the club is to look at other coaching options available.
Of course the parting of ways between club and coach can always be a tense situation, and the important thing to remember for all involved is to ensure parties conduct themselves in the best interest of the sport. The Sentinels committee stressed Coach Bond was welcome to apply for the Head Coaching role once again, only that they also wanted to explore alternative possibilities as well to ensure the Sentinels programme was able to put in the best showing possible in 2017.
As such, the Sentinels have shared the following advertisement for applications for the Head Coach role.
Please note the tight deadline for applications for this post, so don’t sleep on this one if you think you might have interest in making an application!
CARLISLE SENTINELS SEEKING NEW HEAD COACH.
The Carlisle Sentinels are currently looking to recruit a Head Coach for the 2017 BAFANL Senior season.
The Carlisle Sentinels will be competing in Division 2 and the individual appointed will be tasked with leading the team to improved performances in the coming season.
With the relevant support you will:
- Attend a minimum of 90% of training sessions, Sundays and midweek, and 100% of games.
- Install an Offensive playbook to provide a strong foundation for the team to stabilise, and achieve success in the future in BAFANL.
- Support the club with coaching recruitment, and implement a coaching development scheme to ensure coaching talent for the future of the club.
- Plan each practice session and share plans with coaching staff at least 24 hours in advance of each session.
- Maintain safety standards and ensure that at all times the members of the team are protected while enjoying American football.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct set out in the Club’s Constitution.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of coaching adult contact football as a HC, OC or DC.
- A Level 2 BAFCA Coaching Badge, or a Level 1 BAFCA Coaching Badge with significant coaching experience. If the applicant does not hold a Level 2 Badge, they must be willing to work towards this with the club’s support.
- The ability to develop and implement a season plan.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to coordinate and organise others effectively as a team.
- Motivation and leadership qualities to lead a diverse range of individuals.
- A clear, concise coaching philosophy that is aligned to the club’s values.
Closing date for applications is 31st December 2016.
To apply, please send a coaching CV and cover letter to Carlisle Sentinels Club Secretary, Iain Glen at email@example.com
The successful applicant will be notified no later than 5th January 2017