After long-serving Knights Head Coach Steve Rains departed from the team under a cloud of controversy, only two years after returning to the helm of the programme, some positive news out of the Farnham camp today.
Britball legend Mark ‘Tango’ Lockwood assumed the reins of the programme’s senior team following Coach Rains departure, but despite Coach Lockwood’s superb history in the British American Football Community there were concerns about how the controversial rift in the programme at the end of #Britball16 might effect their aspirations to continue being a competitive side in the strongest conference in all of Britball – the BAFANL Premiership South.
However, yesterday’s announcement shows the Knights still have a plethora of talented teachers of the game available to them.
Their announced coaching staff is as follows:
- Head Coach: Mark ‘Tango’ Lockwood
- Assistant Head Coach: Peter ‘Too Tall’ Fields
- Offensive Coordinator: Oli De Ruyter (Assisted by: Jason Wills, Caprice Thompson)
- Defensive Coordinator: Neil Edwards
- Special Teams: Stewart ‘Ox’ Clackson and Dave Carpenter
- WRs: Clive Palumbo (Assisted by: Stealy-J Wills, Mike Bradley-Banski)
- LB: Paul Foster
- DL: Richard Foster
The Knights themselves describe their acoching roster as a ‘who’s who’ of Britball coaches, as the Farnham side aim to advance on their respectable return to premiership balling, going 4-6 in #Britball16
For more information on the Knights Coaching Staff announcement visit farnhamknights.com