The biggest weekend of Uniball so far this season, and if last week was Rivalry Week this week was surely Upset Week as we saw four undefeated streaks come to a close, and four teams lose out to those they’d beaten convincingly earlier in the season!
- The Kent Falcons moved themselves ahead of the pack in the 1A South East again, courtesy of a final-seconds go-ahead score against the Vipers. Still, with matchups for both Kent and QMBL against UEA still to come? It’s still all up for grabs in the South East.
- Where’ve these Birmingham Lions been hiding? The Lions returned to winning ways, putting on a showing reminiscent of their early-season form in a shoot-out victory over the previously undefeated Swansea Titans!
- The LJMU Fury have clearly found a way to turn on their hulk mode in the last two weeks as they made it back-to-back Ws with a surprise win over the Sheffield Sabres.
- The Bath Killer Bees may have lost in Week Ten… but they also won, ending the Stags undefeated streak while they were at it! We’ve now got four of the conference’s five teams right in the race for the top spot in the South West!
- Leeds Beckett Carnegie put in a nice-looking 26-9 win over the Saints. It’s time to consider these guys true contenders for a Prem North, or even National, title.
Leicester Longhorns extend their life in Division One Football
The Leicester Longhorns may still be sat at the bottom of the 1A Midlands, but they unexpectedly extended their time as a contender in the middle tier with an 8-14 victory over a reeling NTU Renegades!
Trailing at the half, the Longhorns earned their first victory of the season with a second-half score in Nottingham. The first notch in the W column means Leicester can still potentially secure D1 football for yet another season… but it will require them winning out their remaining two fixtures against Loughborough and Coventry, and the Warwick Wolves not picking up a W from anywhere either!
Sheffield Hallam Stand Strong To Claim Yorks/Lancs Crown
The Sheffield Hallam Warriors have had a couple of close calls in recent weeks, but their 21-20 victory over the UCLan Rams was sufficient to move their undefeated streak to six-straight, and secure the Conference title they last held in 2016/17!
The tense clash with the Rams included a goal-line stand from the Warriors, holding the Rams 2PAT attempt out of the endzone by a matter of inches, securing the victory, the crown, and postseason balling.
Essex Blades slice their way into Division One Football
The Essex Blades locked up promotion to the middle tier of Uniball with a convincing 34-14 win over the ARU Rhinos. With all the other teams having at least a 2 in the L column it means the Blades are uncatchable atop the conference, with a game in hand.
They’ll wrap up a potential undefeated season when they travel to the UEL Phoenix next weekend.
Royals to Reign over 2A South West?
The Worcester Royals moved one step closer to securing a return to Division One following a hard-fought 12-2 win over the Bournemouth Bobcats!
The win puts an end to the Bobcats streak, while moving the Royals to 5-0 with a crucial showdown against the Bristol Barracuda in Worcester next weekend.
With the game initially scheduled as a Bobcats home game, was the switch to the Royals hosting a key factor? Either way, the Royals defence is clearly finding its form at the perfect time to potentially secure a first-ever Royals conference title!