The Lancashire Wolverines season in the BAFANL Premier Division North has come to an end under the watchful eye of exiting Head Coach Rik Southworth. Rik has been a part of the club for 6 years and steps down now to spend more time with his young family. We would like to thank him for his drive, leadership and passion during his time as Head Coach and we wish him well with his future. This creates an exciting opportunity to recruit a new Head Coach.
- The team is based out of Blackburn RUFC and is part of an Academy that enjoys good links with the Chorley Buccaneers Youth/Junior teams, and 3 local University teams – the University of Central Lancashire Rams, the Lancaster Bombers and the Edge Hill Vikings.
- We currently train twice a week, including classroom sessions/film review (using Hudl).
- The Wolverines have been in the U.K. Premier Division since 2013 and reached the play-offs in 2014. The team will play in Division 1 North in 2018, and have a strong desire to return to the top level of the sport in this country. The team has a solid core of players returning in 2018, a number of which have trained with GB Lions.
- Coordinate and direct our dedicated coaching staff.
- Lead the programme with high energy, a drive to succeed and develop a strong team mentality.
- Plan and implement well-structured training sessions as part of the wider agenda of the program.
- Recruit and develop new and existing coaches
- Preparation and analysis of opponents and game planning.
- Classroom sessions pre-season and in-season
The Ideal Candidate:
- Highly motivated individual with a passion to drive the team and coaching staff forward.
- High level of Football Knowledge/display a willingness to learn/continually develop their knowledge
- Ability to plan, organise and communicate effectively
- Previous coaching experience
- BAFCA Level 2 coaching qualification preferable, Level 1 minimum
Applications are now open and we welcome them from anyone who has the commitment, knowledge and influence to ensure the Wolverines go from strength to strength.
Interview dates are expected to be early in October 2017 and applications must be received by Midday Sunday 24th September 2017.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please send a copy of your football CV and outline your suitability for the role in less than 500 words