The Newcastle Vikings are one of the top young programmes in the league.
Entering the NFC2North in 2015, they have a 17-3 regular season record across their two seasons and next year look likely to be competing in #Britball’s first division after a 9-1 record in 2016 and outright dominance of their opposition through the playoffs, that took them to Division Two North Finals.
At the end of last season the Vikings announced Head Coach Matt Long would be stepping down from the role following their Finals fixture this weekend, and so the search begins for the Vikings to fill a rather successful pair of cleats!
The Newcastle Vikings American Football Club (www.newcastlevikings.com)
We are looking for a Head Coach to take responsibility for all matters with regard to the Senior Team.
These duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Player’s game day preparation
- Management of coaching staff
To assist with these duties, the club will be looking to appoint a candidate with the following characteristics:
- You will need to be a “people person” and provide leadership and management of both players and coaches
- You will need to be able to deal with recruitment and training of rookies as well as establishing firm and progressive relationships with our established players
- You will need to able to organise full training sessions for 40-50 players of various standards and include recruitment of coaches where we have gaps as well as integration and mentoring of our existing coaching staff.
- You will need to further develop our existing relationship with five local university teams.
The club has recently gained promotion to NFC1 of BAFANL and are working to the ultimate goal of the Premier Division
The position is a paid position for 6 months of the year between March and August, the amount will be dependent on experience and will increase as the club grows each season however the amounts will be mainly dependent on the clubs success on the field.
We would expect the successful applicant to keep up with the latest coaching techniques and procedures and be proactive in taking the club forward.
The position will require that you are available for training one midweek evening and Sunday as a minimum however should extra training sessions be required you will need to be available for these also
We will be holding preliminary discussions during January and February and hope to make an appointment before March 1st 2017 in preparation for the preseason recruitment and training programmes
Please register your interest or apply in writing preferably with CV to email@example.com or call 07971 230360
An exciting opportunity at one of the most exciting young programmes in the league!