To support local football programmes in the UK and share best practices at all levels of the game, the NFL Academy will host a complimentary coaching clinic at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Wednesday, 9 October.
NFL Legends and other experts in the field including equipment manufacturer Riddell will share information on the NFL’s Way to Play initiative, proper equipment fitting, athlete development and drills used at all levels of play.
Groups will rotate through four breakout sessions:
- Riddell: Equipment fitting, reconditioning and the importance of proper equipment
- Athlete Development:
- Micah Kurtz (2016 National Strength Coach of the Year, current Director of Sports Performance at Windermere Preparatory School in Florida) will review long-term athlete development and proper strength and conditioning techniques
- On-Field Drills Demonstration: NFL Legends Youth Advisory Committee members.
- NFL Way to Play: NFL Legends Youth Advisory Committee members:
- LeCharles Bentley (Pro Bowl center, New Orleans Saints, Cleveland Browns) – O-Line Performance
- Bobby Taylor (Pro Bowl cornerback, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks) – Fun Camp (Fundamentals of Football), Defensive Backs skills and athlete training
6:00-7:00- Dinner Available (East Tunnel)
7:15-7:45- Session 1
7:50-8:20- Session 2
8:25-8:55- Session 3
9:00-9:30- Session 4
Please register for the event in advance via the British American Football Coaches Association.