Royal Holloway University are seeking experienced coaches to expand and strengthen our coaching staff and program going forward.
In addition, we are also accepting applications from new or less experienced coaches who wish to develop themselves further.
All members of the coaching staff are expected to take on the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with the head coach and other staff to plan/deliver effective training sessions.
- Have a passion for developing the skills of rookies and veterans alike.
- Commit to attending regular training sessions which will be twice a week, as well as games.
- Contribute to development of schemes and analysis of games.
- Adhere to Code of Conduct as set out by the club’s constitution.
- BAFCA level 1 certified, or willing to obtain certification with support from the club.
Why choose Royal Holloway:
- The RHUL Bears American Football team are a successful program who have made the playoffs 3 times within the last 5 years.
- We have excellent facilities for sports, and one of the best full-size grass American Football pitches in the country.
- Coming off another successful season, having made the playoffs, our ambition is to take additional steps to start securing championships, and promotion, with the help of the successful candidates.
- With a good returning class of players, and our university now offering sports scholarships to new students, we believe we are set to make the leap from contenders to champions!
- Everything is in place to have another successful season in 2018/19, and putting the coaching foundation in place is key to our future success.
- Royal Holloway receives a high percentage of players new to the sport each season as well as having veteran players on the squad. This presents a challenging opportunity for coaches looking to work with new and existing players.
- This is an exciting opportunity to join a program on the rise.
Interested parties should send their coaching CV and covering letter to the club via email at AmericanFootball@su.rhul.ac.uk
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview.