The Leeds Gryphons are currently recruiting a head coach and defensive coordinator in preparation for the 2018/19 season.
The Leeds Gryphons American football team are looking to add experienced and dedicated coaches, as well as less experienced coaches who wish to develop their skills in positional roles.
The current squad already have both offensive and defensive schemes installed. However, the committee is willing to discuss changes to the schemes should coaches feel more comfortable adopting their own version.
The new committee is focusing on a successful recruitment drive, therefore we are expecting a high number of rookies to join the team for the coming season in September.
Taking this into consideration, all coaching staff should be expected to take on the following roles and responsibilities:
- Coordinate effectively as a coaching unit to bring the best out of the squad.
- Be enthusiastic and committed to all training sessions and chalkboards, which will take place regularly at times yet to be confirmed.
- Approach teaching rookies with a patient and considerate manner when explaining install, as the scheme is not always easy to understand for beginners to the sport.
- Contribute to correcting mistakes made in training and games, by analysing tape on Hudl, as this makes it clearer to players how to go about making improvement in particular areas of their role.
- Be available on game day, which will take place on the weekend (fixture list yet to be confirmed).
From the already established club and experienced players that we have, the Leeds Gryphons can offer you the following:
- An opportunity to coach a Russel Group University team that is hardworking and dedicated to fight for promotion from Division 2.
- Coaching a squad already playing a good standard of American football and having the chance to develop the skills of both rookies and returning players, which will not only develop the team as a whole but allow coaches to achieve their own personal goals.
- Being able to coach on 4G pitches and high-quality facilities three times per week at Weetwood sports centre.
- Having access to university facilities/rooms for chalkboards and classroom sessions.
- Working alongside a passionate committee that will be devoted to investing their free time to benefit the team to the best of their abilities.
Interested parties should send their coaching CV to the club email address at email@example.com
Successful applicants will be contacted via email to arrange an interview in the coming weeks.