After a successful move from the Women’s 5 format to 7’s; the Teesside Steelers are looking to further expand and grow.
The 2017/2018 campaign saw the Steelers play with a high number of rookies and finished 5th in the BAFA Division 2A Sapphire series. The unique position of the club, now means that the team is youthful, but has a great base of talent and a high ceiling of growth and potential.
Unfortunately, HC Lee Lamb has stepped down from coaching duties.
After discussion between the committee, Defensive Coordinator Ben Pardey and our affiliates the North East Academy of American Football; Ben has been offered and accepted the position of HC.
We at the Steelers wish Lee the best of luck in all he does, and thank him for all that he did with the club during his time as HC. Lee was able to drive and develop the team, helping to bridge the gap from the 5’s format to the 7’s format.
There are now fantastic opportunities available in multiple coaching positions, and the Teesside Steelers would like to hear from experienced, but most of all enthusiastic individuals.
The Positions are:
- Offensive Coordinator
- Defensive Coordinator
- Positional Coaches
- Hold a BAFCA level 1 Coaching Certificate, or be willing to work towards this by the start of the season
- Have a passion for football and developing football players of all levels
- A student of the game; committed to developing your own coaching skills and investing time to the team.
- Help plan and deliver effective training sessions.
- Develop all players and the team as a whole
- Assist with game planning and film breakdown
- Attend and help run classroom sessions
- Inspire and motivate players to reach their maximum potential.
As a team we are very excited for the upcoming season and for any person; player and coach alike to join the Steelers and help us win.
If you are interested in applying for any of the available positions, or would like further information. Please contact the team at email@example.com