On today’s Coach and Coordinator podcast, guest host Chris Vasseur is joined by Mark Duda, head football coach and defensive line coach at Lackawanna College (PA), for another Deep Dive on Defense segment.
Duda has been Head Coach at Lackawanna since 1994 and has produced over 370 Division 1 athletes including 15 who went on to sign NFL deals. Duda himself also played in the NFL for 5 years as a defensive lineman and played for and learned under a couple of great NFL defensive Coaches in Floyd Peters and Jim Johnson.
Coach has been named Northeast Football Conference Coach of the Year on four different occasions and is currently the leader among active coaches in the NJCAA in wins and 12th all-time. Duda joined the podcast today to talk about everything from basic defensive line technique to stunts, games, twists and a whole bunch more.
- Coach’s Journey
- How coaches he played for have shaped his coaching Coach’s time with Jim Johnson Coach’s base philosophy
- Run philosophy What he’s changed recently about his philosophy Basic alignment
- Overstepping and under stepping
- Training same hand same foot technique and other base techniques
- Coach’s favorite twists and stunts and how he teaches them When to read on stunts and when coach takes the reads off Having DE’s pick not DT’s
Connect with Coach: Twitter: @markduda73