One of the Britball Nation’s most successful U19 outfits, the East Kilbride Pirates are seeking to add to their coaching staff this offseason, particularly looking for a Defensive Backs coach, and offensive positional coaches.
The team are coming off the back of a successful 2018 campaign where they hoisted the U19s National Plate and are looking for applications from those eager to contribute to this impressive outfit’s streak of successful seasons!
Interested candidates should:
- Hold a minimum BAFCA Level 1 coaching qualification
- Have existing coaching experience or clearly show how their skills and experience from playing football or coaching another sport would be transferable
- Be a confident, approachable and enthusiastic person, able to support and get the best from young people of differing levels of ability
- Be committed and passionate about being part of the Pirates junior team coaching staff, attend regular practices (Sunday afternoons from January onwards, then Thursday evenings from April onwards, plus occasional film/coaching meetings), our annual residential training camp in March and travel to away games
- Be a good communicator and able to build positive relationships with young players, other coaches, club staff and club parents
- Have experience in using Hudl and Skype, or be willing to learn.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll get to join a successful, well-supported and well-funded U19 team with strong numbers, fed by two youth teams – including the current U17 British Champions. At U19 level we’ve been Scottish champions for three consecutive years, U19 championship finalists in 2017 and 2018, and U19 plate champions in 2018.
We invest in our coaching staff by paying for coach education and subsidising attendance at coaching clinics and the annual BAFCA convention.
You’ll also get the chance to coach 11v11 against US High School competition and network with High School coaches when we host a visiting team in early April through our ongoing partnership with Global Football.
By joining our U19 staff, you’ll get to be part of one of the country’s oldest and most successful American Football clubs, made up of six teams and nearly 250 players, coaches and staff. We’re always pushing to be better and create new opportunities for our members and we have a regular calendar of club social events.
If you’re interested email Head Coach Matthew Davies at [email protected] with an overview of your coaching experience and why you want to be part of the Pirates Junior team before Sunday 2 December.
Please note, this is an unpaid voluntary position and successful candidates will be subject to a PVG check via Disclosure Scotland.