Amanda McDonald, volunteer administrator working alongside Faye Eastewood on BAFA’s registration system, has shared some hints and tips with the #BritballNation to assist with registrations ahead of the BAFANL Summer Leagues kicking off!
Faye and I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas! As thoughts now turn to pre-season we’re expecting a higher volume of National Leagues registrations over the next month than previously. Below are some helpful tips for everyone, and a section for team managers, to help make sure this is as smooth a process for you as possible!
(Also, please note, our posts saying registrations was closed until 3 Jan, meant the registrations team responding within our usual agreed time to emails in the inbox – not that the National Leagues registration system itself was closed, as a few people messaging us have thought)
- Each piece of ID should be loaded up separately. The system will allow you to load up two or three in one upload box (to allow for multiple page documents), but will only acknowledge it as one form of ID. This is the most common reason people can’t finalise their registration as you do not need to wait for this being approved to pay. (we are amending the how-to guides to make this clearer)
- We only need two items of ID – one with address and one with photo – but we’re seeing some people load up four or even more. These all need to be approved, so please keep it to what’s needed
- We know that U18s may not have photo ID / utility bills, so a birth certificate and proof of address in a parents name is fine (bus pass, young scot card, college card are also all good!)
- You don’t need a scanner – a clear photo of your ID taken on your phone is fine
- Make sure your member photo is a clear, head and shoulders shot – no helmets on, no photos of your back, your dog, or your NFL team logo
- If you can’t remember your user name email us and we’ll confirm it to you – please DO NOT just set up a new profile
- Ditto if you can’t reset your password because you’re not getting as reset link through – in almost every case this has been because an old email address is in the system. We can update this and raise a reset for you. In some cases, particularly Gmail, over enthusiastic spam / junk filtering may hide it – check junk / spam folders. Also make sure that your address isn’t set to redirect to another email address.
- University coaches – if you are coaching national leagues for 2017 and are already registered on the Active system used for university football, you don’t need to pay again. Email us with a note of your university team and we’ll confirm your registration, then activate your National Leagues membership at no further cost. Note – this applies to coaches only, not players and we still require two forms of ID to be uploaded.
- Players/coaches playing/coaching both flag and kitted football – you don’t need two profiles for this. Pay for contact membership as this higher fee will cover you for flag too. If you’re new to flag this year, email us and we can add you to your flag team too!
Team manager specific stuff
- Please make sure you update the details for your club like contact info (in the purple club tile) and then for each of your teams (in the red teams tile). I went through a few days ago and pulled out contacts for senior teams and only about 75% of these have been done. Thanks to those who had updated this though 🙂
- If you have brand new joiners, you will need to approve them. Go into your purple club tile and select ‘club members’ at the top, and then ‘summary by member status’ – you’ll see a dashboard at the top with lots of cirles (depending on how big your club is!) for different disciplines and statuses. Click on ‘awaiting approval’ to see members to approve. To approve click on the three dots at the side of their photo tile and select approve. (Note – you will only be able to approve members who have paid – you may see people part way through their registration who have quit out before paying)
- Transfers are only required between clubs – your junior members do not have to transfer to senior for example.
- If you have coaches or players within your club that you want added to different club teams – for example, adding a coach to youth as well as senior – then email us the details.
You can contact us at email@example.com with any queries and we’ll try our best to help you as quickly as possible.
Please note – this message applies to National Leagues registrations for youth, junior, senior and flag only. Queries relating to university football registrations on the Active system should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org