The British American Football Coaches Association (BAFCA) today announced its partnership with USA Football, a member of the U.S. Olympic Committee, to support the development of coach education in Great Britain.
The partnership is focused on five strands supporting the development of BAFCA’s 1,400 coaches and its qualification system while enhancing opportunities for association members and their continued professional development.
By virtue of its trans-Atlantic partnership with USA Football, BAFCA gains access to the following benefits for its 1,400 members:
- An individualised portal on the USA Football website
- Specific training courses to ensure qualifications remain current
- Resources and additional online qualifications to support the BAFCA Continued
Professional Development structure, the Level 1 to 4 BAFCA qualifications and the
new Leadership and Management qualification
- USA Football’s support and engagement at BAFCA’s annual coaching convention
- The BAFCA education team will complete USA Football’s Master Trainer curriculum and training in order to advance the delivery of coach education and contact system courses across Great Britain.
“I am extremely happy that we are able to announce this partnership,”
said BAFCA President Wayne Hill,
“There has been a lot of work going on behind the scenes that has enabled us to get to this point. I thank the team at USA Football that has been working with us. I also recognise the support of the British American Football Association and the International Federation of American Football for their cooperation with us to develop this partnership.”
“During my time in Indianapolis at USA Football’s headquarters, it was great to hear about future developments and how these align seamlessly with BAFCA’s development plans. This partnership will allow BAFCA to continue to support our coaches in delivering a smarter and safer game for our athletes through education.”
BAFCA will relay more USA Football partnership details to its countrywide membership in the coming weeks.